Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pomegranate and Punch wine

I somehow found myself with a gallon of fruit punch from the mexican christmas party. If you don't know what's in it Google it. It was more fruit than liquid and I didn't drink much after christmas. A few days ago I decided that instead of throwing it away I would try to make a wine out of it. I boiled it for sterilization then added three cups of sugar and more water to fill a 1 1/2 gallon container. The idea is to have a gallon after fermentation and removing the fruit and sediment. After it was cool I added 1tsp of bread yeast then slapped on the airlock.

The same night I decided to eat a pomegranate from the fruit dish. It was good in places and beginning to get old in others, so I picked all of the pulp out of it and crushed and boiled it with one cup of sugar and enough water to reach 1/2 gallon, then put it in a clean milk jug. I let it cool and added 1/2 tsp bread yeast then added the airlock. This is the smallest batch of wine I have made and I think it will be just enough to fill one 750ml bottle for aging.

The two wines are working right along now. I will update on this when applicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment