Saturday, January 7, 2012

The beginning of the end, 22

It's 2012, so I guess I should mention that. Sorry about the delay....well no, no one is reading. I worked new years and got off just in time to haul ass home and open the champagne with one minute to spare. Ate some good food. I bought myself a $18 3-7x scope and stuck it on my old 22 rifle. I cut some limbs on an old logging road at the back of my property in a strategic spot and now have a +/- 100 yard shooting range with a good backstop. I fooled around and got the old pump 22 hitting within a 3in pattern from the prone position at 100 yards with cheapo LR bulk ammo. The gun gets jammed because it needs to be pumped twice to eject the shell, so I have to put the bullets in one at a time. I Googled the problem and it seems likely that it's the cheap ammo causing the problem. I'll  buy some better soon and post the results...for myself. If someone does read this and has some insight on my problem please comment and let me know. I feel like it is the ammo, though because I have a heck of a time getting it out of my revolver after it's fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment