Monday, August 29, 2011

Pear wine

I went down to see my folks today. The old pear tree beside the house was sagging with fruit. I picked a bag to eat, then picked through the pears on the ground and got another bag for wine. The pears are what my mom describes as "for canning, not for eating" but I like to eat them anyway. When i got home i chopped up the wine pears(about 1 gallon) and put them in a plastic bucket with two pounds of sugar and some raisins, then covered them with another gallon of boiling water. I stuck the top on and set up the air lock. Tomorrow I will add the yeast. I've written a detailed procedure at http://rickcombe.hubpages.com/hub/Easy-homemade-pear-wine-recipe. I was drinking some of my homemade apple wine while I wrote it, I hope it's readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment